NOT RECOMMENDED FOR NEW DESIGNS FROM JANUARY 2012. REPLACED WITH RS9110-N-11-22-05 DIRECT REPLACEMENT WITH NO HARDWARE OF SOFTWARE CHANGED REQUIRED.
The RS9110-N-11-22 module from Redpine's Connect-io-n™ family of products is a complete IEEE 802.11bgn based wireless device server that directly provides a wireless interface to any equipment with a serial or SPI interface for data transfer. It integrates a MAC, Baseband processor, RF transceiver with power amplifier, a frequency reference, and an antenna in hardware; and all WLAN protocol and configuration functionality, networking stack in embedded firmware to make a fully self-contained 802.11n WLAN solution for a variety of applications. No WLAN or networking functionality is required on the host system or data source. Based on the Redpine Signals RS9110 SoC that includes an embedded processor, it is designed to provide standards compliant wireless connectivity in Open and secure modes to devices and systems such as industrial equipment, medical electronic systems, POS equipment, sensor networks and metering equipment, M2M communications and remote configuration applications. As a wireless serial modem, the RS9110-N-11-22 originates and terminates TCP and UDP connections, enabling a variety of M2M applications at low cost and small footprint. It uniquely provides connectivity in the single stream 802.11n mode, preserving overall network throughput in the emerging enterprise environments.
- Compliant to 802.11b/g and single stream 802.11n
- Fully self-contained serial-to-wireless functionality - does not require any host processor bandwidth
- Includes all the protocol and configuration functions required for WLAN connectivity in Open, WEP and WPA/WPA2-PSK modes of operation
- Payload data through Serial Interface and SPI
- Terminates TCP and UDP connections, and offers transparent serial modem functionality
- Configuration through AT commands and SPI frames
- Integrated antenna, frequency reference, and low-frequency clock
- Ultra low power operation with power save modes
- Ad-hoc and infrastructure modes for maximum deployment flexibility
- Single supply 3.1 to 3.6 V operation
- Certification : Module is based on RS9110-N11-02 which is certified by FCC, IC and CE.